Touring the Trail
The Freedom Trail is open all year round for touring groups of cyclists wishing to ride a portion of the trail outside of events and without strict event rules.
- Plan your potential tour with friends and nominate a "Tour Leader" within your group to complete booking process
- Feel free to give us a call if you have any queries whilst planning (078 702 9178)
- We will make booking inquiries and prepare a proposed itinerary and associated quote for your tour
- Confirm your booking with 20% deposit payment
- Balance due 21 days prior to departure
- We request that all people who wish to ride any portion of the trail do so through us as there are specific land traversing permissions and rules that must be adhered to for us to maintain our relations with all land owners and stake holders
- Traversing permissions and tours along the Freedom Trail are all negotiated on the basis of riders using the "Support Station" accommodation
- Touring on the trail costs approximately R850pppd including accommodation, meals and traversing permissions (ex VAT). Pre-arranged lunch stops are additional.
- We highly recommend touring with at least one person who has been on the trail before so that they can help you adequately prepare yourself and your expectations
- Tours can be arranged along any part of the trail outside of event times as long as there is availability
- There are certain portions where the touring route differs slightly to racing routes but we will advise you on these if need be
- We can customise the tour to suit your group's pace and accommodation requirements
- We do not currently have guaranteed provision of guides of support drivers but we can assist your group with suggestions for logistics
- GPS devices and support vehicles are permitted
- We can prepare a customised GPS file for your tour using Ride With GPS. Please note that tour groups must please sign NDA to obtain GPS files.